POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mac Plus vs AMD Dual Core : Re: Mac Plus vs AMD Dual Core Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:44:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mac Plus vs AMD Dual Core
From: Brian Elliott
Date: 5 Nov 2007 10:04:09
Message: <472f30e9$1@news.povray.org>
news:472ee37c$1@news.povray.org...
> scott wrote:
>>> Well, you must have some serious amounts of RAM to play with is all I
>>> can say... ;-)
>>
>> I think the problem here is that you have a seriously *limited* amount of
>> RAM to play with compared to what most other people have :-p  And you try
>> to run programs that are not designed to run on 5-year-old hardware, then
>> complain when they use too much RAM...
>
> And I think the problem here is that software writers *expect* to just be
> able to waste RAM whenever they feel like it because, after all,
> "everybody has lots of RAM now, don't they?"

If you can't afford to update, fair enough, but then you should accept it's
simply a fact of life the world will always change and not everyone can stay
current all the time.  Everyone has different life circumstances and it's
pointless blaming the rest of the world for not stopping to wait for the guy
who's 5 years behind just so he can catch up.  Yeah it's disapponting not
having money to update, but getting frustrated at the world is a totally
useless emotion, especially as getting cranky at everything isn't going to
change anything and you'll still have the same problem tomorrow, but with
even less energy to do anything positive about it.

If the Sunrise in the morning blinds you through the bedroom window every
morning, you don't get all cranky and yell at the Sun do you?  You know it
is always like that and you change your house to solve the problem and
adapt.