POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Word processors : Re: Word processors Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:15:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Word processors
From: scott
Date: 5 Nov 2007 08:01:02
Message: <472f140e@news.povray.org>
> And yet, no known word processor works like this.

Hahaha what? You mean you don't know how to use Styles in Word?  How on
Earth do you write anything longer than a few pages efficiently?

> Both Word and OpenOffice provide "styles", but good luck figuring out how
> to work them. In particular, Word provides styles called "Normal",
> "Heading 1", "Heading 2", etc. But it seems to be physically impossible to
> *change* these styles.

Get up the style and formatting tool bar, then just click the style
drop-down menu and choose "Modify...".

> Seriously. I want to be able to create sections and subsections, and *I*
> want to choose what these look like. Is that really so hard? Why has
> nobody implemented this simple feature yet??

A million other people want to do exactly what you say, and actually do do
it everyday in MS Word.

> (In particular, I utterly *hate* sans serif fonts. Yet all these programs
> always default to it. GRR! At least Excel lets you change the default
> worksheet font; OpenOffice Calc seems to lack any such option...)

Go to Word, change the "Normal" style to use Arial font, then save the
document as NORMAL.DOT (search to see where your NORMAL.DOT is currently
located and overwrite it).  Job done.