POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Where to find a comparison of modern ray-tracers (speed > POVray) : Re: Where to find a comparison of modern ray-tracers (speed > POVray) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:16:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where to find a comparison of modern ray-tracers (speed > POVray)
From: Vincent Le Chevalier
Date: 5 Nov 2007 04:05:46
Message: <472edcea$1@news.povray.org>

> I'm afraid you will probably have to compare them yourself; such work is
> time-consuming and very scene-dependent, and so quite rare.

There is a comparison of various renderer on a simple scene here:
http://www.winosi.onlinehome.de/Gallery_t14_01.htm

But they are not all raytracers, and it would take some time to
investigate on the scene description language of each. And some may be
outdated... POV for example is not at the latest version.

--
Vincent