POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Testing whether a shape intersects with another : Re: Testing whether a shape intersects with another Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:17:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Testing whether a shape intersects with another
From: Chris B
Date: 4 Nov 2007 11:26:04
Message: <472df29c@news.povray.org>
"PhilipIsPDR" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.472de695cc25c29c5a2aacfe0@news.povray.org...
> "M_a_r_c" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:

>> web.472dcf35dc25d7085a2aacfe0@news.povray.org...
>> > Does anyone know a way of accomplishing this?  I've looked and looked,
>> > and
>> > realise I might be missing something very obvious...
>> >
>> What is obvious is that you did not make a research about the word
>> "inside"
>> in the pov documentaion :-)
>>
>> Marc
>

> Thank you for your answer Marc, although it would have been nicer not to
> have
> been put down for my lack of knowledge.  The inside function is exactly
> what I
> was looking for; thank you for pointing me in the right direction......

Hi Guys,

I think Marc's smiley emoticon was a good indication that he intended to
convey irony ie. "Ok obvious, but we all miss the obvious now and then"
rather than as a "put-down". Remember, emoticons were invented to help avoid
humour causing offense when you can't see the senders face or hear their
voice. The alternative of avoiding all humour, just to be on the safe side,
would make life a little dull (IMHO).

Regards,
Chris B.