POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : No wonder Google has always been more popular than Yahoo : Re: No wonder Google has always been more popular than Yahoo Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:12:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No wonder Google has always been more popular than Yahoo
From: Brian Elliott
Date: 4 Nov 2007 09:29:23
Message: <472dd743@news.povray.org>
news:472bbf02$1@news.povray.org...
> Warp wrote:
>>   I suppose simplicity is the key.
>
> Well, google's doing something different than what Yahoo was doing. Yahoo
> was categorizing the web. Hence, you have a table of contents on the home
> page, along with pointers to the stuff lots of people look up first.
>
> That said, google's approach to solving the problem is definitely easier
> for people to use.
>
> But google doesn't give the same sort of thing. Try finding a local movies
> on google that you'd like to watch and see what time it's playing near
> you.

Have done it easily many times to find what's on and when.

I'm Australian, so I visit www.google.com.au, click the radio, "pages from
Australia, then type the search "Cinema Brisbane".  Eg.:
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=Cinema+Brisbane&meta=cr%3DcountryAU

Plenty of choices on the first page, but I use this one "Brisbane - Movie
session times for all cinemas in Brisbane ...", which is
http://www.ourbrisbane.com/whatson/movies/sessiontimes because it has in one
place the session times of all the cinema companies in all Brisbane's zones.

--
Cheers,
  Brian