POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "Failed to save file:" : Re: "Failed to save file:" Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:25:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Failed to save file:"
From: Charles C
Date: 2 Nov 2007 23:34:41
Message: <472bfa61@news.povray.org>
Alain wrote:
> OK
> Check if the file exist and if it's read only or system. Same with the
> folder itself.
> Can you open the offending file, edit it with another application and
> save it back?
> Is the file opened by any other application?
> Do you have ownership of the file? I had some instances where files and
> folders on my system got eroneous ownership, with only one user. Some
> folders/files had been set with an owner whose name was just a bunch of
> random characters.
> Is you drive full?

Thanks Alain.  This happens with any non-read-only file in my P-Scenes
directory (which btw is not next to the installation directory) where I
continually save and re-save as I edit and test and edit and test.  It
seems to happen with just POV-Ray running, and maybe Windows Explorer.
The drive has dozens of gigs left.  It's pretty reproducable when it
happens, but it doesn't always happen.  It only happens following a
parse-error and an attempted *minor* edit and save.

Here's a better version of the link.  Hopefully it'll work a little better:
http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/thread/%3C430daeda@news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=249422&toff=150

Charles