POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Crysis is a devious Vista advertisement stunt? : Re: Crysis is a devious Vista advertisement stunt? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:19:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crysis is a devious Vista advertisement stunt?
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Nov 2007 18:57:17
Message: <472bb95d@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> If they didn't want the new features to run on pre-DX10 systems, why
> would they even bother coding for DX9?

I'm guessing they originally wrote it towards DX10, and when they got
close, found that MS had screwed all their deadlines and release plans.
So they all jumped in and pounded away to add DX9 support at the last
minute.  And I'm guessing the lack of configuration is either an
oversight or it's because it's on a different part of the game by a
different group or something who didn't have time to fix it, maybe.

Maybe, in other words, they're waiting until the actual release of the
game to decide whether to let DX9 do the highest rez stuff, depending on
how fast MS gets their act together with Vista.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Remember the good old days, when we