POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "Failed to save file:" : Re: "Failed to save file:" Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:27:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Failed to save file:"
From: Alain
Date: 2 Nov 2007 13:44:07
Message: <472b6ff7$1@news.povray.org>
Charles C nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/11/02 04:34:

http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/thread/%3C430daeda@news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=249422&toff=150

> ...in which Chris mentions it being fixed now, although that's for the
> beta.   I was just wondering if  I could find out the secret to Change
> 3003 if it is indeed the same thing:
>
> Change 3003 on 2004/07/22 by thorsten@host27
>   Fixes file "saving" bug thanks to Massimo Valentini
>
> Or is it just a matter of installing a newer version of the editor dll
> or something?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Charles
Are you on Windows Vista? Is POV-Ray installed in the "program files" folder?
If so, Vista don't let you edit/change/save files in that location.
The solution is simply to install into a different folder. Or you can redirect
all files to a user provided alternate folder.

--
Alain
Creationism: God made all shit.