POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "Failed to save file:" : "Failed to save file:" Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:18:45 EDT (-0400)
  "Failed to save file:"
From: Charles C
Date: 2 Nov 2007 03:34:55
Message: <472ae12f@news.povray.org>
I've been assuming (correctly) that this was a known issue and I haven't
worried too much about it, so it's taken me quite a while to get around
to asking or looking into it at all.   Anyway I get:

"Failed to save file:

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another
process."

...in a self-compiled version of POV-Ray 3.6.0 for Windows which I've
been using for a while now to avoid the spline / token_count issue.

The only entry I see on the server is this partial-thread:
http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/thread/%3C430daeda@news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=249422&toff=150

...in which Chris mentions it being fixed now, although that's for the
beta.   I was just wondering if  I could find out the secret to Change
3003 if it is indeed the same thing:

Change 3003 on 2004/07/22 by thorsten@host27
   Fixes file "saving" bug thanks to Massimo Valentini

Or is it just a matter of installing a newer version of the editor dll
or something?

Thanks in advance!
Charles