POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Haskell raving : Re: Haskell raving Server Time
11 Oct 2024 21:20:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Haskell raving
From: somebody
Date: 1 Nov 2007 15:21:15
Message: <472a353b@news.povray.org>
"Darren New" <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote
> Warp wrote:

> Depends on the size of the string, really. If my 100-byte string holding
> an email address turns into 1200 bytes, I'm not really going to worry
> about it much. :-)

Ah yes. Next thing you know, somebody else (or you, in a couple of weeks) is
re-using that piece of code to manage an address book, later, a mailing
list. It's never a bad idea for your code to be scalable. OOP in general,
and bottom up thinking has been a minor disaster in this respect, since many
a programmer fail to think about optimized data structures for the overall
picture any more, and things get quickly out of hand memory and
performancewise.