POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Haskell raving : Re: Haskell raving Server Time
11 Oct 2024 23:13:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Haskell raving
From: Darren New
Date: 1 Nov 2007 12:44:00
Message: <472a1060$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Btw, what does it do if you jump to the beginning of the string after
> it has been garbage-collected?

It won't get GCed if it's possible to jump to the beginning.

> (After all, from the programmer's point
> of view it's one single string,

If it's that, and not a "linked list of characters" (from the
programmer's point of view), then it won't get GCed until you're done
with it.

Probably not a good way to process big files, tho, just as it's not a
good idea in C. :-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Remember the good old days, when we