POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yeah, that again... : Re: Yeah, that again... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:15:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yeah, that again...
From: Tom Austin
Date: 1 Nov 2007 07:39:35
Message: <4729c907$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 wrote:
>> Is the network numbering scheme the same, or does it change?
>
> Same.
>
>> Same number of subnets, same routers, etc?
>
> Still 1 subnet, still 1 router. Still with all the same configuration.
>
>> Server IP addresses stay the same?
>
> Also staying the same.
>
>> ISTR you said it's all happening at once, so maybe these things aren't
>> changing.
>
> The *only* thing that might change is our external IP address. If so,
> that will require reconfigurating the router. (And the other VPN
> endpoints it talks to.) The nodes on the LAN won't care...

I see two thins that need checked.

Check that the network connectivity is actually functional.  After all
you are disconnecting a network cable.

Check how clean the QA butts are (you've even mentioned a cute one in
there).  After all, they don't like trouble.

More so - does QA understand the change that is happening and what they
are asking for?  Too many times a non-techie person asks the techie guy
for something that is stupid because they do not understand the technology.

Or, it could be that QA really does have to have it retested for
certification or something similar?

Here's a good chance.  Find cute QA girl and have a conversation about
what it is that QA is really after ;-)

Tom