POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Status of Moray? : Re: New SDL for POVRay Server Time
28 Apr 2024 18:47:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New SDL for POVRay
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 1 Nov 2007 02:44:27
Message: <472983db$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> And last time, arrays are not the
> same things as tables. An array contains only data, a table has indexes,
> so you can look things up by the index (and no, I don't mean a
> *numerical* index). In a table, you can place everything for "leg" under
> an index of "leg", not as array(1,n).

A statement by which you just disqualified yourself ... a table in a
database has nothing to do with this argument. You are using terminology
from a completely different and unrelated field. A mathematical table is the
equivalent of an array in a programming language, which does fit the context
of this "discussion".

	Thorsten