POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Theoretical programming question : Re: Theoretical programming question Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Theoretical programming question
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 31 Oct 2007 17:51:35
Message: <472906f7$1@news.povray.org>
Since Befunge seems to support random-access storage with the "p" and
"g" commands, I'd imagine that it should indeed be Turing complete
(otherwise, completely without any sort of proof, I suspect that it
would be equivalent to a pushdown automata).

Looking at the program Tom linked, it seems to make pretty heavy use of
these commands.  I can imagine it was a monstrous pain to write though.
  Anything in particular that inspired you to give it a shot, or did it
just seem like an interesting puzzle?