POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yeah, that again... : Re: Yeah, that again... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:13:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yeah, that again...
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 30 Oct 2007 17:01:21
Message: <4727a9b1$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

>> It's true though. On the surface, the regulations say that you have to
>> actually test stuff before you go and use it, to make sure it really
>> does work properly. Which, inconvenient though it is, seems perfectly
>> reasonable. However, what we have hear is people make me perform a
>> test purely for the "warm fuzzly feeling" you get from being able to
>> say "hey, we tested something, and it worked. That's good, right?
>> Right??"
>
> Testing after any change seems like a good idea. Unless the test takes
> more than five minutes. And you mentioned months on your blog post; so
> they can put the test in thei-- ERROR: NNTP connection reset by peer.

Define "change".

The computers will be unplugged, moved from one building to another, and
plugged back in.

It's not like I'm changing any settings or anything. Just the physical
location of the boxes. It's not like software has yet reached the point
of being aware of its surroundings.

[Insert paranoid delusional remarks here.]