POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yeah, that again... : Re: Yeah, that again... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:13:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yeah, that again...
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 30 Oct 2007 16:41:03
Message: <4727a4ef@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> IMHO, keep that paragraph.

LOL! Thanks for the advice... I'll let you know if it leads to a
promotion. ;-)

(Weirder things have happened.)

It's true though. On the surface, the regulations say that you have to
actually test stuff before you go and use it, to make sure it really
does work properly. Which, inconvenient though it is, seems perfectly
reasonable. However, what we have hear is people make me perform a test
purely for the "warm fuzzly feeling" you get from being able to say
"hey, we tested something, and it worked. That's good, right? Right??"

For those of you that grok this stuff, the real problem boils down to
the fact that I'm being asked to perform a "validation" when really it's
a *performance qualification* that is indicated. (But we don't do those
in the first place. But it would "look bad" if we didn't do any testing
at all - even though none is actually necessary, it would still look
bad.) Hence the silly testing. *sigh*