POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Short one : Re: Short one Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:20:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Short one
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 30 Oct 2007 11:56:25
Message: <47276239$1@news.povray.org>

>>> By using the internet you are effectively agreeing that everyone else
>>> can
>>> see what you are doing.
>>
>>  I see no law specifying this.
>
> It's not a case of law or not, it's the fact that you signed an
> agreement with the company that gives you access to the internet.  If
> you don't agree with their terms, then use another ISP, or if you can't
> find one that you agree with then make your own ISP or don't use the
> internet.

Ahh that's the fun of ISPs around here. You could get an Internet
service after a few phone calls without ever seeing an agreement, let
alone signing it.

They call offering the service (=telemarketing!), you say yes, and a few
weeks later they come install it. Then you (the following is actual
experience) notice the price they're charging is like twice what they
offered. So you call. "I was told it would be 19.99 for the first three
months but I got charged 39.99 the first month!" and they go "Huh? We
have never had a 19.99 promotion..."

And how the heck do you prove what the marketing guy told you if you
have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in paper about the Internet service?

But then, if I get spied, "I never signed anything agreeing to that" :)