POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is another "free" unbiased engine: Indigo Render : Re: This is another "free" unbiased engine: Indigo Render Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:18:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is another "free" unbiased engine: Indigo Render
From: Darren New
Date: 29 Oct 2007 01:25:50
Message: <47257cee$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   In order to get more accuracy polygons can be subdivided into smaller
> polygons and radiosity lighting calculated at each of the new vertices.

I think that's what I was talking about. But without the
multiple-normals-per-polygon, even.  It was a pretty theoretical class.

> This is especially true in real-time rendering using hardware, as polygon
> counts should be minimized, possibly being replaced with more detailed
> textures.

This class was long before anyone was making special-purpose graphics
chips. Heck, this was probably a decade before software jpeg compression
was feasible. :-)  I think a pen plotter and a tektronics tube was
cutting edge graphics.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Remember the good old days, when we