POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ANN: New, open-source, free software rendering system for physically correc= : Re: ANN: New, open-source, free software rendering system for physicallyco= Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:46:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANN: New, open-source, free software rendering system for physicallyco=
From: Darren New
Date: 29 Oct 2007 01:21:04
Message: <47257bd0$1@news.povray.org>
Vincent Le Chevalier wrote:
> of what their contribution is. For example, no path such as Light
> source<->diffuse surface<->diffuse surface<->camera are ever created.

I see!  Thank you.

> since you know that the picture will eventually be physically
> correct,

"Physically correct."  You keep using that word.  I do not think it
means what you think it means.  :-)

Seriously, "physically correct" would mean it accounts for polarized
surfaces and handles interference fringes and diffraction, and traces
the rays of light from the light source to the camera, rather than
starting at the camera. :-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Remember the good old days, when we