POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Endorsement for creative-commons music for soundtracks : Endorsement for creative-commons music for soundtracks Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:17:14 EDT (-0400)
  Endorsement for creative-commons music for soundtracks
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 28 Oct 2007 21:32:38
Message: <47254646@news.povray.org>
beatpick.com is pretty cool.
There are several sites out there offering tracks under creative commons
licensing and a pay-as-you-like model.    I had spent hours poring over the
catalog of a few of them and too much of the music sounded like a nerd in
his basement trying to be annoying for 8 minutes.  In the electronica
sections, nothing was happening thematically.
At beatpick, it was easy to stumble across stuff that I could easily imagine
making the backpiece for an interesting animation.  Sort of like music
written by a geek that was also into extreme sports.
Disclaimer: uh, nothing to disclose.