POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stereoscopic camera : Re: Stereoscopic camera Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stereoscopic camera
From: Warp
Date: 28 Oct 2007 17:04:52
Message: <47250784@news.povray.org>
Jellby <me### [at] privacynet> wrote:
> It may be clearer if you look at this diagram:

> http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/projection/stereorender/raystereo2.gif

> The two "eyes" are looking at two different points, which means their
> respective fields of view are not exactly the same, but they overlap in
> some region, and it is there where the stereoscopic vision works. The image
> you pointed at first is somehow already "cropped" to this overlapping field
> (the red line in the second image).

  So the situation is modelled so that the eyes are assumed to be looking
at infinity?

  Could someone explain to me how this models reality? In reality when
you look at an object you don't look at infinitiy. Your eyes are not
parallel, but converge at a point (usually the object of interest).

--
                                                          - Warp