POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : need transparece background : Re: need transparece background Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: need transparece background
From: Alain
Date: 28 Oct 2007 09:14:42
Message: <47249952@news.povray.org>
shiva nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/10/27 19:48:
> hallo,
>

>> http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#urgent
>
> thanks for the advice.
>
> But could you be more clear please?
>
>> Use +ua command line option, or the equivalent Output_Alpha=true on your
>> ini file.
>
> I have used pov only for rendering my crystallstuctures, and had not enough time
> to go in datails althoug it is fascinating for me.
>
> At which position should I write Output_Alpha=true,
>
> thanks for answering
> shiva

In the command line box next to the resolution drop menu.
Add the folowing:
+ua +fn

+ua turn on transparency with an alpha chanel. Anytime you reatch the
background, the output is transparent.
+fn set the output as png, as bmp don't support the alpha chanel.

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when you see the movie credits going by