POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mac Plus vs AMD Dual Core : Re: Mac Plus vs AMD Dual Core Server Time
11 Oct 2024 23:10:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mac Plus vs AMD Dual Core
From: Darren New
Date: 26 Oct 2007 23:03:01
Message: <4722aa65$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Yep, even on something relatively much simpler, like the radio in a car,
> it is the software that causes the biggest headaches.  We can develop
> and test the hardware usually in two or three 6 month blocks, but it
> always the software that requires *way* more time and is usually the
> reason for requested hardware changes, extra builds and delays.

Exactly. Now, ask yourself, if the software is that painful, why have
software at all? Why not implement everything in hardware?

Because it's too complicated to implement in hardware. Software may be
painful, but it's the *least* painful way of doing something like that. :-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Remember the good old days, when we