POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I miss this : Re: I miss this Server Time
11 Oct 2024 21:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I miss this
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 26 Oct 2007 14:04:12
Message: <47222c1c$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Orchid XP v7 wrote:
>> There's 300 enemy troops with SMGs, grenades and rocket launchers, not
>> to mention 3 helicopters, and yet 1 lone commando manages to shoot
>> them all down without dying?
>
> That's what always un-immerses me in FPS games. In Quake II (IIRC) you
> wind up basically killing the entire enemy army yourself without ever
> seeing another living teammate.

An entire army is sent to the alien homeworld. The aliens wipe out all
but 1 soldier, who is left armed with only a tiny pistol. Yet he alone
is able to destroy an entire string of tactically significant targets,
completely unaided.

Hmm. :-)

I guess the idea is to massage your ego by letting you be the
super-soldier that nobody can kill.

Neat intro tho...