POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mac Plus vs AMD Dual Core : Re: Mac Plus vs AMD Dual Core Server Time
12 Oct 2024 01:14:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mac Plus vs AMD Dual Core
From: Alain
Date: 26 Oct 2007 09:38:58
Message: <4721edf2$1@news.povray.org>
Warp nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/10/26 06:08:
>> The C declaration of
>>    unsigned int X;
>> does not allocate an integer variable.
>
>> You wouldn't need signed/unsigned conversion rules if you were working
>> with integers instead of int's.
>
>   I may be unusually dense here, but I still can't understand.

For most of us, int == INTeger!
The coice of using "int", an abbreviation, instead of "integer" is a choice of
the conceptors of the language, probably to allows you to save a few keystrokes.

--
Alain
Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper.