POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : CSG'ing a mesh2 : Re: CSG'ing a mesh2 Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:29:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG'ing a mesh2
From: Alain
Date: 26 Oct 2007 08:57:23
Message: <4721e433$1@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/10/25 22:25:
> I'm thinking about a project for constructing things out of mesh2's. I think
> I'd like to cut the mesh2 with CSG.
>

> Is this unadvised (specifically. why then?)?
> thanks.
You can have a mesh/mesh2 in any union.
You can diference/intersect a primitive from a mesh.
A diference will make holes where the second object is, and an intersection will
keep the part of the mesh that is inside the second object.
You can't diference a mesh FROM a primitive, at least most of the time. An
intersection or diference of 2 meshes is likely to return nothing.

--
Alain
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of