POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mac Plus vs AMD Dual Core : Re: Mac Plus vs AMD Dual Core Server Time
12 Oct 2024 03:16:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mac Plus vs AMD Dual Core
From: scott
Date: 26 Oct 2007 03:10:21
Message: <472192dd$1@news.povray.org>
>  (Why would anyone even want to install linux in a 386? Well, if you
> have one laying around, it makes a supercheap firewall or small-scale ftp
> server, for instance.)

If you want to go with MS for this sort of thing then people use DOS.  My
camera uses DOS as an OS, as does the oven we have here in the lab - and it
even does graphics :-)  Admittedly you can't expect to run Word2003 on it,
but for the sort of thing you probably want to do with a 386 it would be
fine.

Or you could install Win95 or Win3.1 if you really wanted Windows.