POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New, open-source, free software rendering system for physically correct : Re: New, open-source, free software rendering system for physicallycorrect Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New, open-source, free software rendering system for physicallycorrect
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 24 Oct 2007 17:59:41
Message: <471fc04d$1@news.povray.org>

> One person
> remarked that logging in to some web app is still slow as hell. (Gee,
> could that be because we have a 2 mbit/sec Internet link shared between
> 50 PCs and no web proxy?)

Aha, there is your problem. Web app.

I'm currently working on linking a web forum into the greatness that
NNTP is. Compare performance of Outlook Express on povray newsgroups and
a phpBB forum and you'll see a bit of a difference...

(no it's not a phpBB forum I'm linking to NNTP; that would be masochism)