POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I miss this : Re: I miss this Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I miss this
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 24 Oct 2007 17:44:55
Message: <471fbcd7$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> You forgot "It shoots through walls", altho I must admit I never really
> learned to take advantage of that feature, given the difficulty of
> *aiming* thru walls.

I found that once you learned a map really well, this actually became
reasonably easy to do, particularly since I think the gun has a bit of
spray after it goes through a wall.  Once you learned an area well,
you'd know things like:

- Ok, they just went through that door, so if they run in the normal
pattern they''l be coming behind this point in the wall/floor in about a
second and a half.

- I just heard an elevator, and there's only two of those in the level,
so I'll quickly fire off a shot through the wall of the room adjacent to
one of them.

It actually got to the point when my friends and I learned that we
needed to do things like press elevators and not get on them, or run
around corners, stop, wait for the tau cannon blast or grenade through
the window, then continue.

I also liked the use of the tau cannon for propelling yourself through
the air at crazy speeds.