POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New, open-source, free software rendering system for physically correct : Re: New, open-source, free software rendering system for physicallycorrect Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:46:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New, open-source, free software rendering system for physicallycorrect
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 24 Oct 2007 16:49:07
Message: <471fafc3@news.povray.org>
news:471fa866$1@news.povray.org...

> You point the rocket at the sky. You propell it.

And as long as the fuel mixture doesn't burn irreguarly, or blow up on the
pad

> As long as it goes in a
> straigh line rather than some other trajectory, you're golden.

Now there's the hard part. Rockets in space where there are no atmospheric
effects are easier than in an atmosphere

> (Admittedly, if you were trying to "hit" something other than just the
> sky, that would be moderately harder...)

Why don't you try it. Build a small rocket and take it out to a nearby moor
to test fly.

Actually, have a look round the net. I know there are amature rocket
enthusiasts scattered round the world. Might be a group near you. If you're
interested in that kinda thing, that it.

> As Terry Wogan frequently laments, "everyone's an expert"...

Tell me about it.