POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New, open-source, free software rendering system for physically correct : Re: New, open-source, free software rendering system for physicallycorrect Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:21:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New, open-source, free software rendering system for physicallycorrect
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 24 Oct 2007 16:17:42
Message: <471fa866$1@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:

>> Perhaps. I *often* wonder what's so damn hard about rocket science...
>
> Having done physics at university level, a hell of a lot, mostly around the
> details. *g*

You point the rocket at the sky. You propell it. As long as it goes in a
straigh line rather than some other trajectory, you're golden.
(Admittedly, if you were trying to "hit" something other than just the
sky, that would be moderately harder...)

Now brain surgery... *that* sounds hard!

> What bugged me was that they were telling me, in detail, how to fix the
> problem with the server.

> And they're telling me how to fix the problem they learned about 5 min
> earlier. *sigh* And that they weren't listening to a word I said.

As Terry Wogan frequently laments, "everyone's an expert"...