POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New, open-source, free software rendering system for physically correct : Re: New, open-source, free software rendering system for physicallycorrect Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New, open-source, free software rendering system for physicallycorrect
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 24 Oct 2007 16:05:03
Message: <471fa56f@news.povray.org>
news:471f829b$1@news.povray.org...
> Gail Shaw wrote:
>
> >> How can one group of humans be so stupid? It boggles my mind! I mean,
> >> hell, you *know* it's bad when the friggin' expert tells you to use
> >> something else...
> >
> > I dunno. Maybe they think that they are as much experts as the experts.
>
> Perhaps. I *often* wonder what's so damn hard about rocket science...

Having done physics at university level, a hell of a lot, mostly around the
details. *g*

> If the computers run flawlessly for 3 years, nobody gives a ****. If the
> computers develop one tiny flaw, suddenly everybody hates you.

It's not that they hated me that was irritating. That I expect. It's one
reason my phone is permanently not working (read, cable removed) ever since
someone gave the dealers my direct line.

What bugged me was that they were telling me, in detail, how to fix the
problem with the server. The problem that I'd spent close on a week
researching and analysing to get to the bottom of. At the time there were 4
advanced SQL books on my desk, all open. There were also about 6 print outs
of web pages with notes all over them.

And they're telling me how to fix the problem they learned about 5 min
earlier. *sigh* And that they weren't listening to a word I said.