POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Awesom Spider! : Re: Awesom Spider! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:16:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Awesom Spider!
From: scott
Date: 24 Oct 2007 06:02:52
Message: <471f184c@news.povray.org>
> Ok, to those of you living in more diverse regions of the planet, this may
> not be as interesting.  But, it's probably the largest type of spider that
> I've seen here in Michigan, so I took a few pictures.  That "thing" all
> wadded up is a medium sized grasshopper, probably about an inch long.
>
> http://www.beantoad.com/newimages/img_0143.jpg

Looks scary - I've never seen any big spiders with thick legs and fat bodies
like that.

We mostly get big ones with tiny bodies and long spindly legs, like this one
I found in my bathroom one morning:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/81/212608329_1ddb12ac0f_o.jpg

The body was about 1cm long, but it's legs were probably 10cm each making it
look huge and scary.