POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I miss this : Re: I miss this Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I miss this
From: Darren New
Date: 23 Oct 2007 23:03:05
Message: <471eb5e9$1@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell wrote:
> although the basic premise for the gun is a real one,

Sure. You try holding a weapon that fires something at relativistic speeds.

If you want a realistic treatment, read "A Boy And His Tank."  Anyone
outside the armored vehicles within about 300 meters was toast.

>I'm not too convinced by its high-tec
> sighting software

No.

> or the dubious claim that it can fire projectiles at near lightspeed

That's what a railgun is for.

>(especially when you can see them moving onscreen when
> they do fire).

You're only seeing the shockwave. ;-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)