POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Simple 2D text on a cylinder's surface : Re: Simple 2D text on a cylinder's surface Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:34:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simple 2D text on a cylinder's surface
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 23 Oct 2007 17:42:19
Message: <471e6abb@news.povray.org>
Leef_me wrote:
> Ok, that works as advertised. But I stumbled upon a new wrinkle.
>
> I want to apply the 2D text to a flat object: disc, plane, sheet of paper,
> or im my case a mesh.
> (I'm looking the the scroll object at
>                 http://lib.povray.org/searchcollection/index.php     }
>
> I've even succeeded in getting the text to run cross-wise or along the
> length of the scroll.

Good work!

> No code to share yey, it is very rough. Problem is
> that the text 'bleeds through' and is visible from both sides of the
> object.
>
> Is there some way to apply a pigment to the 2D text and a different pigment
> to the surrounding area including the opposite side, or maybe even a 3rd
> pigment to the opposite side alone?
>
> Leef_me

Not having used the scroll object, I cannot say for certain if this will
work with it. You may want to try interior_texture. Since objects in POV
have two sides (inside, outside), there is a provision for texturing
both sides separately.

Try something like this:

object{ my_object
  texture{