POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New, open-source, free software rendering system for physically correct : Re: New, open-source, free software rendering system for physicallycorrect Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:19:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New, open-source, free software rendering system for physicallycorrect
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 23 Oct 2007 16:56:30
Message: <471e5ffe@news.povray.org>
news:471e5755$1@news.povray.org...

> How can one group of humans be so stupid? It boggles my mind! I mean,
> hell, you *know* it's bad when the friggin' expert tells you to use
> something else...

I dunno. Maybe they think that they are as much experts as the experts.

There's a much discussed study on incompetency drifting around and it's
results, while a little scientifically questionable, show that the less you
know about a subject, the more you believe you know and the less you believe
other people know. Conversly, the more you know, the less you believe you
know and the more you believe that others know. It actually makes a bit of
sense when you think about it.

Don't have it handy. Maybe someone has a link.

> People scare me. :-(

Yup. Me too.

I had a bunch of business people at my desk on friday telling me how to run
my server. I doubt they'd ever seen a database server in their lives

(full story - I took the server partially offline during lunch for 3 min to
do an emergency clear of a system cache to prevent a likely repeated 10-15
min loss of service later in the day. From the way they acted, you'd think
I'd taken it offline for an hour or 2 at peak business time.)