POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Awesom Spider! : Awesom Spider! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Awesom Spider!
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 23 Oct 2007 10:39:13
Message: <471e0791$1@news.povray.org>
Ok, to those of you living in more diverse regions of the planet, this may
not be as interesting.  But, it's probably the largest type of spider that
I've seen here in Michigan, so I took a few pictures.  That "thing" all
wadded up is a medium sized grasshopper, probably about an inch long.

http://www.beantoad.com/newimages/img_0143.jpg
http://www.beantoad.com/newimages/img_0144.jpg
http://www.beantoad.com/newimages/img_0145.jpg
http://www.beantoad.com/newimages/img_0146.jpg

I've come across these fella's before.  If you're walking through a field,
even in blue jeans, and you step into one of their webs, you know it.  It's
almost like fishing line (yes, it's a mild exaggeration).  Anyway, you can
feel the web tugging pretty hard at your clothes...

Yep, I'm still hanging around, I just don't post much these days...