POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mac Plus vs AMD Dual Core : Re: Mac Plus vs AMD Dual Core Server Time
12 Oct 2024 01:14:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mac Plus vs AMD Dual Core
From: Darren New
Date: 22 Oct 2007 17:10:18
Message: <471d11ba$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 wrote:
> No - I'd like 99% of my RAM available for doing *useful work*, not just
> wasted because lazy programmers couldn't be bothered to fix their code.

Code doesn't even get read off the disk these days unless you use it.
The amount of data in control structures is tiny compared to the amount
of RAM in a modern computer, and the amount of RAM occupied by actual
data. Why do you think enough of it is wasted that it's worth spending
the time and effort reducing the amount used?

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Remember the good old days, when we