POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Short one : Re: Short one Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Short one
From: Darren New
Date: 22 Oct 2007 10:27:08
Message: <471cb33c$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> What have you bought though if you haven't got a license to use the
> software?

The same thing you have if you bought a book without a license. Is a
book useless that way?  How about a CD?

 >  A useless coaster?  Or do you have a right to use software
> with some "default" license that specifies how/where you can use it etc?

You own it. You can use it however you like that doesn't violate
existing laws.  (One would think copyright law would be the main one
you'd be able to violate with software, altho murdering someone by
bashing them over the head with the box is also probably illegal.)

IANAL.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Remember the good old days, when we