POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Life Sucked at My School This Week : Re: Life Sucked at My School This Week Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:15:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Life Sucked at My School This Week
From: Darren New
Date: 21 Oct 2007 11:35:03
Message: <471b71a7$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 wrote:
> Actually, anyone who's ever played with one of these will confirm a very
> disturbing fact: Almost *everything* is slightly radioactive! Seriously.
> Everything I put near the thing registered very slightly. Including my
> lunch...

In the USA, it's illegal to build a nuclear reactor out of quarried
rock, as the rock is more radioactive than the reactor is allowed to
leak. Seems kind of silly to me.

M_a_r_c wrote:
 > One of the biggest lies from French authorities : "the Tchernobyl
cloud did
 > not pass the French boundaries"

As I understand it, the disaster got noticed because the workers in the
Swedish nuclear reactors were arriving more radioactive than they were
leaving.

On the other hand, some level of radiation is actually even necessary
for good health. So it's all in the dosage, really.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Remember the good old days, when we