POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How can I slice open a compound (solid) object? : How can I slice open a compound (solid) object? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:33:00 EDT (-0400)
  How can I slice open a compound (solid) object?
From: Alan
Date: 21 Oct 2007 05:34:43
Message: <471b1d33@news.povray.org>
How can I slice open a compound (solid) object?

-If I try
        object { OBJECT clipped_by { plane { -z, 0}}}
I get a hollow shell (as documented).

-If I use
        difference { OBJECT plane { +z, 0 }}
the section is black (or whatever color I give the plane,
also as documented).

I would like my compound OBJECT to appear solid in the sliced section
with each element maintaining its individual texture/material.
The only solution that I have found is to slice each (perhaps merged)
element individually, assigning texture/material to the difference.
There must be a better/easier solution.

Thank you