POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Simple 2D text on a cylinder's surface : Re: Simple 2D text on a cylinder's surface Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:31:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simple 2D text on a cylinder's surface
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 20 Oct 2007 19:55:41
Message: <471a957d$1@news.povray.org>
Leef_me wrote:
> Hey Samuel can you tell me why I loose part of the first few characters?
> see code below
>
> Leef_me

Yes, you are experiencing that old problematic artifact known as
coincident surfaces. The front of the text object occupies the exact
same space as the surface of the disc. Since the text object is 1 unit
deep, change it to this:

#declare my_text=
text{
  ttf"arialbd.ttf"
  "Test"
  1,0
  translate -z/2
}

Doing that will allow the text object to intersect the disc correctly,
thus displaying all of the text.

Sam