POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Portal : Re: HL2:Ep2 Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:21:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HL2:Ep2
From: Warp
Date: 20 Oct 2007 09:53:56
Message: <471a0874@news.povray.org>
> (BTW, is there a *reason* why she always has to climb into the car
> starting from your side? What's wrong with the *door* on her side?? Is
> it just so you get to have a look at her cute high-polygon butt?)

  I suppose that the AI can't know if you are going to enter the car or
not, so it just follows you as usual. If you do enter the car, then a
pre-determined animation is played when she enters the car too. I suppose
that they noticed that if she just walked around the car you could just
drive away and let her behind, so with this pre-determined animation they
made it impossible to do so, while still looking at least somewhat convincing.

--
                                                          - Warp