POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Portal : Re: Portal Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:21:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Portal
From: Warp
Date: 20 Oct 2007 06:37:57
Message: <4719da84@news.povray.org>
> The main problem is walking through one portal, falling out of the
> other, rotating cat-style while in free fall, trying to figure out where
> the hell you are and which way you're facing, and... oh wait, I'm on the
> ground again. :-S

  I don't see what's the problem with that. If both portals are on vertical
surfaces, you just walk through, like through a regular door, and "down"
will be "down" and nothing else. Just turn down and shoot before hitting
the floor.

  Even if one of the portals is not on a vertical surface, visualizing
the situation is helped by being able to visualize 3D space, like when
designing POV-Ray scenes in your head. :P

--
                                                          - Warp