POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Portal : Re: Portal Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:46:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Portal
From: Warp
Date: 19 Oct 2007 15:53:43
Message: <47190b46@news.povray.org>
> (I *still* can't do the double-fling very well. Indeed, I'm still having
> trouble with a single-fling. It's just very hard to hit the portal...)

  You are probably doing it wrongly and that's why it's so difficult.

  Double-flinging is pretty easy. First find a place where you can do it:
Basically a vertical surface at a high altitude, with a floor below it
(both surfaces should obviously allow portals). Create eg. a red portal
on the vertical surface, and then the blue portal anywhere you like, eg.
a wall nearby. Step through the blue portal and you will obviously start
falling down. As you fall down, aim directly down and shoot a new blue
portal shortly before you hit the ground. -> Fling!

  I think that many people haven't realized this "shoot a new portal
while you are falling" basic technique, which is why they find it so
hard.

--
                                                          - Warp