POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Portal : Re: Portal Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Portal
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 19 Oct 2007 15:09:18
Message: <471900de$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   For some reason I didn't find the puzzles too difficult. Some of them
> required some thinking, but I would estimate that even the hardest ones
> I solved in like 5-10 minutes.
>
>   I haven't tried the challenge levels yet, though. Those ought to be
> much harder, I suppose.
>
>   One of the coolest things was double-flinging (or whatever it was
> called). It's quite easy after a few tries, and sends you flying quite
> far...

...and this proves it. Warp is a drastically better gamer than me. :-}

(I *still* can't do the double-fling very well. Indeed, I'm still having
trouble with a single-fling. It's just very hard to hit the portal...)

Some of the puzzles were really frustratingly hard, and took absolutely
forever. Replaying the same 3 seconds of game for 20 minutes isn't my
idea of great entertainment.

I've now cracked 4 of the advanced puzzles. The other two appear to be
impossible...