POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Ray newsgroup message digest : Re: POV Ray newsgroup message digest Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:21:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Ray newsgroup message digest
From: Charles C
Date: 18 Oct 2007 15:47:17
Message: <4717b845@news.povray.org>
Trevor G Quayle wrote:
> Not sure where to post this, it relates to the online newsgroups.
>
> I don't have a newsgroup reader set up at home and I can't run one at work
> so I like to use the web-based newsgroups.  I tend to use the "Message
> Digest" multi-group digest so I can see the latest replies without haveing
> to sift through the threads to find whats new.  Up until recently, the
> off-topic group was not included in this digest, however, sometime in the
> past few days it has been included.  The digest only holds the latest 100
> messages, so now it tends to fill up rather quickly with all the off-topic
> threads.  Is there a reason this got changed (or is my memory faulty and
> it's always been like this)?  And is there any way to get it changed back.
>
> Thanks
>
> -tgq

I noticed the change too. I haven't made up my mind yet whether I like
it the new way or the old way better.

I've always normally used only the web interface, but depending on the
season, it takes a good amount of luck for my logging on to the system
to work... So in the last few days I've been using thunderbird quite a
bit.   But then with a news-reader, afaik there is no message digest so
I've been using the web-interface to find and read newer messages, and
the message reader to write....

I think what would be ideal imho would be for the message digest to be
twice as long, available on both the web and the news-reader, and for
the web login-system to work right for me.

Charles