POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Can we stop the flame wars? : Re: Can we stop the flame wars? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:26:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can we stop the flame wars?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 18 Oct 2007 13:36:03
Message: <47179983$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 11:45:55 +0200, Fa3ien wrote:

> There are people around here who
> thinks that there are enough POV users and (potential) programmers, so
> it shouldn't hurt if some leaves.

I don't think that's the case at all - I think it's largely just cultural
differences.  In some cultures and languages, being direct and/or blunt
is quite normal.

In others, it's considered rude.

So, when someone behaves in a way that's considered normal in their
culture, but not in (for example), mine, I *might* be offended by it
unless I frame the comment in *their* cultural frame of reference.

Just MHO...

Jim