POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Short one : Re: Short one Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:46:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Short one
From: scott
Date: 18 Oct 2007 06:47:03
Message: <471739a7$1@news.povray.org>
>  If there's a law that says that spying on users without special permit
> is not allowed, a license agreement saying "I give permission for the
> police to spy on me" will not change the fact in any way.

It's not spying because you've agreed to it!  If you *didn't* know about it,
then sure, it's spying and needs a special permit or whatever, but we are
talking about the situation where you give the ISP permission to log your
data and pass it to the police if they wish to do so.  What law makes that
illegal?