POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Short one : Re: Short one Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:46:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Short one
From: Warp
Date: 18 Oct 2007 05:57:11
Message: <47172df7@news.povray.org>
scott <sco### [at] laptopcom> wrote:
> Which law says that evidence gained from an ISP about a user who has agreed
> for such evidence to be collected, stored and passed to the authorities, is
> not valid in a court?

  The same which says that license agreements never go over the law.

  If there's a law that says that spying on users without special permit
is not allowed, a license agreement saying "I give permission for the
police to spy on me" will not change the fact in any way. Such license
agreement is ineffective and invalid. At least in general here.

--
                                                          - Warp